The SSEDC’s Housing Committee supports the Town of Randolph’s introduction of the Union Crossing Zoning Overlay District. The overlay district allows for mixed use around their existing Commuter Rail station. This zoning allows for increased residential density and will encourage a more walkable community with quick access to transit. It allows greater investment into the town through a special permit process.
Chamber & Housing Committee Support:Town Manager presented to Housing Committee members; Continued engagement with local officials.
• Overlay district of all properties within 1 mile of Randolph/Holbrook commuter rail station
• Must amass a minimum of 5 acres
• Mixed use; minimum 2 stories; max 4 stories
• Encourages “village-style” setting (coffee shops, restaurants, other service businesses)
• Density – max 15 residential units per acre
• Special permit through Town Council
• Area is within new “opportunity zones”
• Town property 7 acres –– Town has received a number of proposals and are excited about the interest.
South Shore Chamber Housing Committee
DISCLAIMER: Photos were provided by the developers of the endorsed projects and could be subject to copyright.